ENROLLING A CHILD
All kids need a BIG. Because all kids are at risk. A Big Brother or Big Sister provides children with an adult who cares about them, a person who is rooting for them through life. Our program requires both Littles and Bigs to commit to a year of mentoring, but it is our sincere hope that your match lasts a lifetime. Ready to get involved? Click the link below and enter your zip code on our national website. You'll be taken to a page with our agency information and an application!
BECOMING A BIG
You have the opportunity to help shape a child’s future for the better by empowering him or her to achieve. And the best part is, it’s actually a lot of fun. You and your Little can share the kinds of activities you already like to do. Ready to get involved? Click the link below & enter your zip code on our national website. You'll be taken to a page with our agency information and an application! We're excited to start you on the road to be a Big!
Roadmap for becoming a Big
· Minimum 16 years old
· Live, work, or go to school in Delaware County for at least 3 months
· Have a vehicle, valid driver's license, auto insurance
· Commit to a minimum of 12 months in the program
· Commit to seeing your Little every other week
· Would you like to get involved? The first step is simple.
· Enter your zip code at the following link: http://www.bbbs.org/become-a-big/
· Enter your contact information and click submit
· Click "additional information" at the bottom of the page to complete application
· Coordinator will set date & time to interview
· Bring driver's license & proof of auto insurance
· Recommendation on acceptance or denial as a volunteer
· Staff will respond to your inquiry and send the available dates to complete volunteer training
· When volunteer and parent approve a match, you will have your initial match meeting with your Little
· You will contact the family and coordinate meetings with your Little to do fun activities in the community!
Beyond the Match
· Be in contact with match support coordinator
o Every 30 days for matches under one year
o Every 90 days for matches over one year