The local agency is a full affiliated member of the national organization, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
Positive long term outcomes with measurable impact are achieved through professionally developed and supported one-to-one mentoring relationships between children, who initially enter the program between the ages of 6-14, and screened and trained volunteer mentors.
Our program model is the catalyst to strengthening assets that all children need in their development to becoming confident, competent and caring adults.
- To aid children primarily, but not exclusively, from single parent families in becoming caring, confident and competent adult members of society and their community
- To assist these children in their social, emotional and character development by creating one-to-one mentoring relationships with the focus on positive youth development
- Through professional trained staff to provide infrastructure and ongoing supportive service to volunteer Big Brothers and Big Sisters who act as the basic change agent in the lives of these children
- To provide selected services to the families of these children as needed
- To join in collaborative efforts with other organizations providing services to these children and their families
- To take a leading role in the community by sharing proven program practices of mentoring to ensure that there is a caring adult in the life of every child who wants or needs a mentor