- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be a resident of Delaware County, one of the surrounding counties, or a Ball State student
- Be willing to commit one year to the program
- Have a valid driver's license, a reliable means of transportation, and car insurance
- an in-person interview
- a complete background check
- providing three references
- attending a training session prior to being matched
- willingness to commit consistent and reliable contact, preferably on a weekly or bi-weekly basis with your Little Brother or Little Sister
- willingness to be in contact with your match support coordinator throughout the duration of your match
There are always children waiting to be matched. There is a shortage of Big Brothers and boys wait the longest on the list simply because there are not enough male volunteers to meet the need. Volunteers of ALL AGES are needed.
If you meet the basic eligibility and are ready to volunteer, follow these steps:
- Call the office at (765) 284-4141 Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00 to schedule an interview. Other interview times available by appointment.
- Download an application (click here or see below). If that's not an option, you can fill one out at the office. Three references and their phone numbers are requested on the application. You will need to arrive before your scheduled appointment to complete the application. Do not mail the application to the office.
- If you are 16 or 17 years old and a high school student, you will also need to download the Parent Permission Form for your parent/guardian to fill out.
For the interview - you will need to bring with you:
- Driver's license
- Proof of auto insurance (insurance certificate from your agent or declaration page from your policy - either must show limits of coverage and expiration date)
Completed application (do not mail the application to the office)
Download the Volunteer Application Form
Download the Parent Permission Form (if under 18 years old)